Tuesday 15 February 2011

Tuesday Tutorial: Learn More About Colours

Joey's posted a great article about understanding the colour wheel when scrapping, over at the Daily Digi, if you'd like to check it out and excercise your grey matter. She features one of my layouts in it too, explaining how it uses ...

"Analogous – Colors that sit next to each other on the color wheel.




Analogous color chords are pleasing to the eye and are often found in nature. One way to use this color chord is by using a “gallon” of one color, a “pint” of another color, and a “teaspoon” of the accent color. SkrappyKathy’s layout is a beautiful example of this type of color scheme:





Best part is I didn't even realise I was doing it at the time, hooray! Hope you get some kind of scrapping time in today - even if it's just sorting out your digi files (like my plans for the next few hours ...) Sigh.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that layout, love how you get so many photos on the one page. Do you plan on making any templates like for sale in your shop?
Carla

Katharyn Brine said...

Hey Carla,
Yup, I should probably make some multi-photo templates, so many people want them, lol! I'll get right onto it - right after I do Conny's templates from two ?? posts ago. This is great - thanks for putting the ideas in my head.

Katharyn Brine said...

Actually, part of the 365 Photo Masks templates include 2 12x12 pages of blocked rectangles like this one. You'll find them in my shop at FPD & 2LP. But they take up all of the page. I'll still makes some of these though too. :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
;