Tuesday 22 March 2011

Tuesday Tutorial: Saving Sharp Layouts for the Web

So I haven't learned anything new this week in Photoshop, I've just been flat out churning out kits instead! But I'm not going to leave you hanging (been doing that a bit lately, sorry, my baaaad!) and I wanted to share with you a nifty way to sharpen  and resize your layouts for premium web viewing.

  1. Flatten your layout page
  2. Resize it to 600px x 600px (most online galleries go with this size) at 300dpi
  3. Control-J to copy the image on a new layer
  4.  Activate the new layer, then go to topline menu bar. Select Fliter>High Pass>Radius o.3px (or somewhere there, play with it for each image)
  5. Image will turn almost solid grey - don't panic!
  6. Change the blending mode of the layer to "Linear Light"
  7. Save for web > jpeg, under a different name.

Don't do this to your full-size pages that you wish to print out though. It only works well for web-viewing.

 Hope this helps you a bit :)

2 comments:

Carole House said...

Thanks for the tip! I will give it a try!

kiala said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
;