Good Aromatic Recipe for you!
This is something to warm us all up in this suddenly-blizzardy weather.
So much for my total clean-out of all the winter clothes from the family's wardrobes! But it's all about layering, right? (12 layers of t-shirts, 6 layers of shorts, 3 layers of knee-high socks???)
Mmmm cooking this right now in the slow cooker - is smells sooooooooooo good! Write back if you give it a go, tell me what you think. It's part of an email recipe exchange I'm participating in.
"This is a fantastically aromatic dish that tastes even better than it smells.
Says it serves 6, but I find even halving it serves about 8.
Serve with pappadums brushed in oil & done quickly in the microwave, and rice.
Yes, you will probably need to go shopping for all the herbs the first time, but after that, all you need is yogurt, chicken & cream. "
Chicken Moghlai Curry
½ cup butter 2kg chicken pieces
3 onions 2 tomatoes, quartered
3 cloves garlic tblspn salt
3 Bay leaves 2 tblspn curry powder
1 tspn powder cinnamon 1 tblsp paprika
5 whole cloves 2 cups coconut milk
1 cup yoghurt 2 tspn grated ginger
2 tblspn poppy seeds 300ml cream
¼ tspn saffron 3 tblsp lime/lemon juice
1. Melt butter in large saucepan, sauté onions and garlic until golden brown
2. Stir in bay leaves, cinnamon & cloves. Simmer for 5 mins.
3. Add chicken and cook for 10 mins.
4. Stir in tomatoes, salt, curry, paprika, coconut milk, yoghurt, ginger & poppy seeds. Cover and cook on low heat until chicken is tender.
5. Stir in cream, saffron and lemon.lime juice. Heat thoroughly.
· If coconut milk isn’t available, heat together 2.5 cups water and 1.5 cups desiccated coconut. Stand for 15 mins and strain.
· I usually use canned whole tomatoes for a stronger taste.
· Who the hell can afford saffron? It’s just for looks anyway.